Creating a bootable USB is often used to reinstall Windows or Linux using USB. USB boot usually contains installation files for Windows operating system, Linux CD, Ultimate boot disk, Hiren’s Boot CD… This article introduces software to create USB boot that is widely used today.
Rufus is considered the most widely used USB Boot creation software today due to its advantages. The software is compact, no need to install, easy to use, completely free, with Vietnamese language support.
Rufus is considered to be very fast. Rufus is about 2 times faster than UNetbootin, Universal USB Installer or Windows 7 USB download tool when creating Windows 7 installation USB disk. Rufus also creates Linux bootable USB from ISO files very quickly.
Rufus is especially useful in the following situations:
- Create a USB containing the installer from the bootable ISO (Windows, Linux, UEFI, …)
- You need to work on a system that does not have an OS installed
- You need to load BIOS or other core software from DOS
- You want to run low-level utility
- Create a DOS bootable USB stick
- Create a BIOS or UEFI boot drive
- Create a Windows to Go drive
- Check USB media for damaged blocks.
- Perform MD5, SHA-1 and SHA-256 checksums
Rufus User Manual
- Download Rufus software
- Plug the USB into the computer
- Run the downloaded rufus file to open the software
- Select USB in the Devices section
- Click SELECT to select the .iso . file
- Click START to create a bootable USB
2. DLC Boot
A second equally popular USB boot creation software is DLC Boot. DLC Boot is integrated with many features such as support for booting on UEFI and LEGACY with FAT32 formatted USB, Mini Win support, lossless partitioning tool, driver update tool.
- DLC Boot User Manual
- Download DLC Boot software to your device
- Right-click on DLCBoot.exe file => select Run as administrator to run with administrative rights.
- In the main interface of DLC Boot, click on the USB icon at the top of the interface.
- Select Yes to proceed to create USB boot.
- The software will detect the USB device connected to the computer. Select the USB drive on the bad computer and click Create to proceed to create a versatile USB boot with DLC Boot.
- Click Yes to agree.
- The process of creating USB boot using DLC Boot begins, the process runs to 100% and the message as shown below is successful.
3. Universal USB Installer
Universal USB Installer (UUI for short) is a bootable USB creator. It allows users to create a USB Boot from a Linux distribution, Windows Installer, Windows To Go, Antivirus Scanner, Disk Cloning Software or any other system tool that can be placed on a flash drive.
The software is extremely easy to use; Simply select your distro from the list, browse to the ISO file, select your target flash drive, then click Create. Once done, you’ll be ready to run the Bootable Flash Drive containing your chosen operating system or tool.
Universal USB Installer User Manual
- Download Universal USB Installer software to your device
- Run the software
- Select the name of the Operating System or software corresponding to the .iso file that you have prepared to create USB Boot
- At Step 2, click Browse to select the .iso . file
- Select USB in Step 3
- Click Create to create a bootable USB
- A message appears, select Yes
- USB boot creation process takes place, wait a while to complete
Above are the 3 most commonly used USB creation software, these software have the common characteristics of being compact and very easy to use. Now you can easily reinstall Windows or Linux from USB without any problems.