You are in need of a fast and convenient image viewing software, now there are many free image viewing software that can meet your needs. This article will introduce 5 free image viewing software that are widely used today.
1. Windows Photo Viewer
Windows Photo Viewer is completely free software and is included with Windows. Windows Photo Viewer supports viewing most popular image formats today with high quality.
Viewing photos with Windows Photo Viewer is very simple, you just need to double click on the image, users can open the image and view it right away.
On Windows XP, Windows 7 or Windows 8 operating systems, we will have the default application Windows Photo Viewer and on Windows 10 it is called the Photos application.
Some notable features of Windows Photo Viewer
- Take a photo
- Crop image
- Photo editing: add filters, adjust photos
- Draw on photo
- 3D effect
- Add text to images
- Create video from photos
- Share photos
2. Irfan View
IrfanView is free image viewing and management software for non-commercial use. This is a compact software but can meet today’s basic image viewing needs. In addition, IrfanView is a lightweight image editor: red-eye removal, color correction, image resizing, and image extension. In particular, IrfanView supports you to directly view GIF animations on Windows.
IrfanView is capable of supporting most image and video formats in the computer, integrated with Plug-in to help watch movies, photos, listen to music with a simple interface but bring the best quality. Highlights include the ability to save a series of slideshows as a self-running .exe file or as a screensaver. Many programs in the process of showing the image silde, will make the photos lose quality. However, with IrfanView, the projected image remains the same and ensures quality when presenting. IrfanView also provides many shortcuts to make it easier for you to work with the program.
Some notable features of IrfanView
- Simple tool, easy to use
- Supports most popular image formats today: JPG, JPEG, BMP, GIF…
- Support converting image formats.
- Slide show.
- Play audio and video files.
- Support insert text, adjust image size.
- View folders containing images as thumbnails
ImageGlass is a free and open source image viewing software by author Duong Dieu Phap. With a beautiful, simple interface and gentle operation are the first advantages that users notice in ImageGlass. ImageGlass software is also a tool to help users view images with support for many popular formats, including animated GIFs, PNG transparent images.
ImageGlass allows viewing images in very flexible and easy zoom in and out. ImageGlass application has a small capacity, fast image browsing speed, can convert between many image formats, upload photos to social networks… and many other unique features. With this ImageGlass utility, you can browse photos in batches with the same Zoom ratio.
Some notable features of ImageGlass
- View photos directly on your computer with ample viewing space and beautiful background colors.
- Zoom in on 3 modes: Auto (automatically adjust), Smooth pixels (smooth magnified images), Clear pixels (clearly enlarge each pixel).
- ImageGlass also allows photo editing with Paint
- Extract frames from animated GIFs, set the current image as wallpaper.
4. ACDSee Free
ACDSee Free is a free image viewing software from the image processing company ACD Systems. ACDSee Free has a fairly simple and convenient user interface.
Just a free image viewer, so ACDSee Free does not own slideshow or photo editing features, but this software only supports users with a few basic features such as resizing photos, rotating images, printing photos, … In return, ACDSee Free is capable of displaying images at high speed. Even with heavy files. ACDSee Free supports browsing image files with many popular formats such as BMP, GIF, JPEG, PNG, TGA, TIFF, WBMP, PCX, PIC, WMF, EMF.
Some notable features of ACDSee Free
- Display images at high speed
- Resize images
- Rotate photo
- Image print control
- Turn photo into wallpaper
Another software used to view free images is XnView, XnView is free to use for non-commercial purposes. XnView is quite light and easy to use, can view up to 500 different image formats.
Some notable features of XnView
- Simple, compact and fast
- Support display more than 500 image formats and save 70 graphic formats
- Types of image display modes according to user needs
- Make the necessary types of corrections on the images
- Convert all kinds of formats to each other
- Display a variety of video formats and archives
- Create SlideShow from images
- Ability to find duplicate images
Above we introduce to you 5 free image viewing software, all of these software have the common feature of being light and easy to use. With these software, hope you will choose for yourself a suitable software to view your great photos.